So, I’ve mentioned that I got a free tire from Wal-Mart. However, I’d feel bad if I didn’t mention the fact that it took seven trips to Wal-Mart to sort everything out:
- Around Saturday 3:30pm. Initial drop-off, Becky and I take two cars there and drop mine off.
- Come back around 8pm, the guy we talked to said it would be done by 7pm. It’s still in the repair bay. The new guy said all the earlier tire guys left and didn’t tell anyone. He says to check back in an hour, he might have it done.
- 9pm. We went and did a little shopping there for a few things and came back after an hour. Still not done.
- Come back around 10:30am one Sunday morning. Get vehicle and head home – thinking everything is honky-dory.
- Friday afternoon around 3pm. After realization that shit is still wrong, Becky goes in to drop off the spare tire to get fixed. Turns out they also put two different sets of tires on the car – two different widths of tires – those have to be fixed. Leaves car to come back later.
- We come back around 9pm-ish. The four tires on the car are now all the same. However, they couldn’t figure out how to get the spare tire off the car – are you fucking serious?! – and so didn’t do anything. They, of course, lied and said they tried to call me. My caller ID says different, douches. So, I go and take the tire off the car and drop if off in the office. Oh, and they had the audacity to charge me .25 cents to throw the tire away. Never going here again. Ever.
- Come back Sunday afternoon around 3pm to pickup my tire. Everything is just fine and I’m out in less than 10 minutes – there were a few people in front of me.
And that is how I saved about 100 bucks and got a free tire.
Not really worth it with all the trips I made.