I have pondered writing this post for quite a while.Â Probably since the beginning of the health care debate.Â Honestly, though, I wouldn’t be surprised if I wrote it before that.
Let me be clear, I like(d?) our current President.Â It’s a love/hate thing, really.Â Some days he does good things, some days bad things. And I voted for the guy.Â Let me also be clear, I hated our last President as well. Comparatively, it’s quite clear that I hate former President Bush more, but still there is so much to dislike about both.
Since I’ve been thinking about this post for some time now, and given the inevitable offenses that are bound to occur in the future, I shall update this post in the future as the grievance transpires.Â On with the list.Â By the way, these are not in any sort of order, just whatever pops into my head at the time.
- Making people who voted for you think you weren’t a Centrist. Because if the last year, or so, is anything, it’s most certainly that you are not a Democratic President, let alone a Progressive one.
- The embrace of ridiculous Republican ideas.
- Believing now that Republicans have an agenda other than complete, 100% opposition to everything you do.Â Naivete at it’s best?
- The fact that we’re still in two never-winnable wars on the other side of the globe.
- Guantanamo Bay is still open for business.
- The complete lack of prosecution of employed torturers, let alone acknowledgment thereof.
- The continuance of the multiple different types of Justice for accused Terrorists – Federal Courts, Military Commissions, Indefinite Detention Without Trial.
- For doing exactly what Alberto Gonzalez did when he was the head of the Department of Justice – politicizing the fuck out of it.Â Exactly why are you even in the conversation of where a person should be tried in a Court of Law – Khalid Shaikh Mohammed trial in New York – or not.
- Numerous Health Care Issues – these also commingle with my Hate of Congress, but whatever:
- Lack of any balls whatsoever in saying what you wanted in the bill to begin with – and when you did it was shit, thus letting Congress fuck it all up.
- Lack of a Public Option
- Removal of the Drug reimportation provisions
- Back-room PhRMA deals
- Like 900 other things
- Approval of warrantless wire-tapping
- Reneging on your support of fillabustering any FISA bill that had Telecom Immunity in it
- Reversing the release of photos detailing detainee abuse
- Allowing expanded offshore drilling off the coast of Florida and Virginia
More stuff to come, but it’s bedtime for now.